It unfolds a bit like a popcorn movie…guy starts agency from spare room, within a year he has a cool space to accommodate the small team he’s grown, then fast-forward to almost six years down the track…to a light-filled open plan office in the heart of Redfern (conveniently on the door of the train station actually), with a team of 20 exceptional advertising professionals driving global campaigns.
We are extremely proud of the caliber of our team – a success we attribute in part to the direct exposure they have to key decision makers/senior clients. They also have project autonomy that enables them to truly drive and own campaigns.
Something else that sets us a part from other agencies in respect to the experience we offer, is the fact that rather than specialising in channel marketing – we are expert in a few key industries. This means our team has exposure to just about every medium imaginable! This may be daunting for some, but incredibly exciting for the kind of Planner we’re after! With a can-do attitude and the support of a team with a broad range of experience and skill – we can achieve any thing.
Part of a team of 20, reporting into the Managing Director we’re after someone who can confidently lead the planning process for both channel strategy and media and be smart with financials.
The right candidate will also benefit from fearless and inspiring leadership, including our Managing Director and Creative Director who have around 20 years of experience each. They are extremely approachable and hands on in developing a high achieving team.
This truly is a special opportunity for someone who loves advertising, is very ambitious, turned on by challenge, and hungry for reward.
Specifically our industries of focus include FMCG, Mining & Infrastructure and Property & Retail. We offer B2B and B2C marketing and advertising services across channels and mediums.
Many of our clients are not quite blue-chip, which means they have little experience or understanding about Agency process.
So in a nut-shell, if you’re looking for a new start, somewhere you can exercise all you’ve learnt – a place where you have real career progression prospects – then this could be the opportunity for you.
This role will see you develop integrated strategies and uncover market insights for all clients.
The role works closely with Suits & Creatives to develop creative & media strategies for social media, websites, campaigns and on going channel plans.
The role includes:
- Developing strategic direction for projects, campaigns and clients
- Working closely with the MD and CD, Insights, UX teams & Account Managers to put in place strategy and campaign plans.
- Carrying out and facilitating research, focus groups, stakeholder workshops
- Key projects include developing campaigns, social media, ongoing channel & website strategies
- Build day to day relationships with creative, media & other external partners
What you need to bring in the toolkit:
- 4+ years’ experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in strategy/planning (agency side)
- Working knowledge of the agency-client dynamic
- An ability to extract business requirements, objectives & opportunities for clients
- In-depth practical & conceptual knowledge of each channel
- Challenge the precedent and ‘way things are done’
- Think laterally & identify new ways forward
- An understanding of the dynamics of the local & global industry
- Exceptional communication skills – presentations, workshops and relationship development
- Understanding of research sources i.e. Google Analytics, Roy Morgan, etc
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise important tasks and work independently
The role is for immediate start. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a phone interview. Face-to-face interviews will be scheduled from there. All applications including visa dependant welcome.